The Canvass of the 2022 General Election happened on Tuesday, November 22, where the Council certified the election results.
We anticipate the results will be as follows:
- Summit County Attorney Margaret Olson, Summit County Sheriff Justin Martinez, and Summit County Clerk Eve Furse held their offices.
- Cindy Keyes, former Finance Director for the Summit County Health Department, will become the new County Auditor.
- Chris Robinson maintained Seat D on the Summit County Council, and Canice Hart won Seat E on the Council.
- As for the School Board seats…
- There were two races for North Summit School Board seats 4 and 5, which Kevin Orgill and Vern Williams won.
- Matthew Weller and Olivia Gunnerson took the open South Summit School Board seats.
- And Meredith Reed and Nick Hill won Park City School Board’s two open seats.
You can view the full results on the home page of summitcounty.org in the news section.
This past Saturday, November 19, the Summit County Democratic Party voted 67-42 to elect Tonja Hanson to fill the open seat on the Summit County Council following council member Doug Clyde’s resignation earlier this month.
Tonja is a fifth-generation Summit County resident. She was born and raised in Coalville, and still resides there today.
Her background is in marketing and hospitality, and she has experience working for Vail Resorts, POWDR Corp., Sun Valley Resort, and Snowbasin.
In addition to currently serving on the Coalville City Planning Commission, she is also the vice chair of the Summit County Open Space Advisory Committee (OSAC).
Tonja was officially sworn into her seat on Tuesday, November 22 at a County Council special meeting. Congratulations, Tonja!
Property taxes are due NEXT WEEK on November 30. Visit summitcountytreasurer.org to pay your bill online, arrange for automatic payments, change your mailing address, or set up email notifications.
If you have any questions, please email the Treasurer’s Office at email@example.com or call (435) 336-3038.
Lastly, we wanted to inform you all about an upcoming event at The Eccles Center on November 30th at 6 pm. Law Enforcement Officer, Jermaine Galloway will be presenting on: “Current Alcohol, Drug and Concealment Trends.”
Officer Gallaway is known nationwide for his educational and poignant speaking engagements. He has nearly 20 years of experience in law enforcement. Much of that time has been spent focused on combating underage drinking and drug abuse. He is a highly respected and internationally recognized instructor on trends in drug/alcohol culture and enforcement.
A light dinner will be available before the presentation. Spanish translation services will be provided. You won’t want to miss this event!